Local & Seasonal Monsoon Special
‘Drumstick’ also known as Moringa or Sahjan is a rare plant species whose seeds, flowers, leaves, & stems – all are edible & extremely nutritious! Its super nutrient dense and has been used in Ayurvedic medicines for the longest times.
Moringa is super rich in Vitamin B, folate, calcium & Fibre is a magic Plant for PCOS as it helps with improving Insulin Sensitivity, fantastic blood purifier and aids improvement in Acne and other Skin issues!
Infact as per a research (t.ly/nSfT), Moringa helps lowering the blood insulin levels and thus helps decreasing the androgen levels too !
Why run after a ‘moringa powder packed in a box, if you can include it in its purest form! You lovely ladies sent me so many tasty recommendations such make add it in Sambhar, Rasam, Dal or make a Sabzi!
I came up with a very simple Drumstick soup recipe! You can add your plant proteins – Dal or beans too. I made this on a day when I was about to get my period and was super bloated! This soup was just a Magical dinner!
Hope you like my recipe below. Would love to see you plates and some love in the comments below
- 5-6 Fresh juicy drumsticks
- ¾ tsp fresh ginger
- 2 finely chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp Fresh lemongrass or grated Lemon rind
- 1/3 tsp Crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup Chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup Chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- One small onion chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pressure cook Drumsticks ( for 2-3 whistles) until they cook. Do not throw the water we will use it in making the soup. With a vegetable masher, take out all the juice out of Drumstick until you get every drop of nutrient out of it :D.
- Now in a heated pan, saute ginger garlic for a minute. Now add Carrots, mushrooms & onions, continue sautéing.
- Once they are half cooked, add the Drumstick juice along with its water we had earlier set aside.
- Add salt , black pepper, lemon grass, basil and let it cook for another 5 minutes on slow heat.
- Your drumstick soup is ready ! Garnish with Coriander & lemon slice.