Very Versatile, Smooth & Delicious
Protein Rich Hummus
- 1 & 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked white chickpeas
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini ( recipe included below)
- 3 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or cold pressed sesame oil. Some extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Ground paprika, for serving
- Pan roast 1 cup sesame seeds till they change colour. Make sure you don’t take your eyes of them, it’s very easy to burn them.
- Remove them from pan and let them cool. Now in the food processor add pan roasted sesame seeds and process for a minute.
- Now add two spoons of extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil to get smooth consistency. First step done , You have your tahini ready already.
- To the tahini now add lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides & bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. [Its the secret making the hummus smooth and creamy]
- Now add sesame oil, minced garlic, cumin and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini & lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas & process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency. Add 3 lcecubes while blending for extra smoothness.
- Serve hummus with a drizzle of sesame oil and dash of paprika.