Super Delicious, Veggie Rich & Family Friendly
- 1 large red onion peeled and chopped
- 250 gms yellow or green pumpkin deseeded & diced
- 250 gms carrots peeled & diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 2 small green chilli chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Himalayan salt & fresh crushed black pepper ( per taste)
- 1/3 cup fresh finely chopped Thai basil Or Coriander
- 1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 3 springs of Fresh rosemary or 2 star anise
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil & homegrown microgreens for garnish
- Heat a large pan on medium flame and gently saute the chopped onion for 5-10 minutes until it is soft and translucent. Add some water if you see the onion sticking on the pan.
- Add the diced pumpkin & carrots, and the crushed garlic and grated ginger and ½ cup water and let it cook with the lid on at medium flame.
- Add the chilli, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cook for another minute while stirring.
- Add the salt and pepper and add basil and fresh rosemary. Put the lid on and cook for another 15 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the rosemary springs sprigs and blend the soup until it is totally smooth.
- Add a little coconut milk or water as needed until the soup is the desired consistency. Taste and add lemon rind , salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, microgreens and dash of lime juice
If you want a creamier, richer soup then you can add a splash of coconut milk when you blend the soup.
This carrot and pumpkin soup great for dinners and goes really well with dinner patties, you can find the recipe for it on my page or it or you can serve this with the vegetable quinoa salad or any salad of your choice too!